Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Brig (Retd) B D Mishra has taken up the issue of urgent evacuation of three Arunachalee students who are stranded in war-torn Ukraine.
In a priority letter to Union External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar, the Governor shared the anxiety of the parents and the people of Arunachal Pradesh, and requested him to take immediate steps to evacuate the students and bring them back to India.
The Governor said the three students from Arunachal Pradesh are studying medical science in Uzzhord National University, Ukraine Zaporizhzhia State Medical University and V N Kazarin Kharkiv National University.
Everyone in our state and our state government are extremely concerned about their safety, he conveyed to the Union minister.
Mishra said that he would be waiting anxiously to hear about their safe return to India and he along with the people of Arunachal Pradesh will be ever grateful to the Union minister and the government for the help.
- An expert explains the recipe for making the perfect romcom
- Mizoram records 534.42 crores loss over two years due to African Swine Fever
- Arunachal: Tawang Marathon draws massive participation from across India, UK
- Mizoram Chief Minister accuses ZPM of contradictory actions regarding Chakma votes
- NASA just brought back the largest-ever asteroid sample
- Manipur: Wife of man arrested by NIA says he is wrongly implicated