Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Brig (Retd) Dr B D Mishra Thursday advocated proper synergy among security forces for countering emerging security challenges.
Mishra suggested methods for strengthening the police force when the Director General of Police (DGP) Satish Golcha called on the Governor at Raj Bhawan here.
The governor also emphasised the efficacy of command and control and proper integration of the available workforce.
Mishra advised the DGP for keeping good equation with Army units and individuals and advocated synergy among the security forces for promoting good police work.
The governor and the DGP discussed the law and order situation and the training and morale of the police personnel in the state.
Mishra maintained that the police have to be empathetic, prompt, and determined and they must demonstrate fairness, helpful attitude, and support for the weak and vulnerable.
Police must win the trust of the local people by transparency, discipline, honesty, and accountability, he said.
- People spending a lot on weapons, this is totally wrong: Dalai Lama
- FIFA World Cup 2022 quarterfinal games Saturday, December 10
- US govt aware of long delays in visa appointments in India: WH
- Pakistan ready to play its part for SAARC’s revival: PM Shehbaz Sharif
- AAP to contest at least 25 seats in Mizoram next year: Senior leader
- Meghalaya: Biotech KISAN Hub field demonstration unit now at NEHU