Union Law Minister Kiren Rijiju informed on Thursday that the Chinese Army has handed over Miram Taron, the boy who went missing from Arunachal Pradesh, back to Indian Army.
“The Chinese PLA has handed over the young boy from Arunachal Shri Miram Taron to Indian Army. Due procedures are being followed including the medical examination,” the minister wrote on Twitter.
Taron, the 19-year-old, was a resident of Jido Village in Upper Siang district and was missing since January 18 from Shiyung La in Bishing area.
The Chinese PLA had earlier confirmed that Taron would be repatriated to the Indian side and that the exact time and place would be discussed later for a smooth proceeding. The Indian army then coordinated with the Chinese side and made necessary arrangements for the youths return.
“To assist Chinese side in corroborating the identity, personal details and photo of the individual has been shared with the Chinese side by the Indian Army. Response from the Chinese side is awaited,” Rijiju had said in a statement put out on social media.
“Some people reported that Chinese PLA had taken him into their custody, it said.
Kiren Rijiju on Tuesday said that the “safety and safe return” of Arunachalee youth Miram Taron to his home is the “priority” of the Indian government and it is constantly following all developments related to the case since day one.
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage
- Bloom Bazaar: Nagaland’s fresh initiative to boost floriculture