Itanagar: The troops of Spear Corps of the Indian Army on Wednesday rescued two men who were trapped in a truck following a fatal traffic accident near Migging Village in Upper Siang district.
The vehicle the men were travelling in had reportedly fallen down a 150-meter deep gorge, a press release from Defence PRO Colonel Sumit Kumar Sharma informed.
The victims (driver and co-driver) were recovered by the detachment of Indian Army present at Migging.
They were later provided first aid by a civil nurse and evacuated to the government hospital at Yingkiong for further treatment, the release added.
Manipur pre-poll violence: Grenade hurled at NPP supporter’s house
- Tezpur University organises legal awareness event on child marriage
- Get up to 8.20% returns: Benefits of investing in company FDs
- Arunachal: Candlelight vigil to pay respects to late constable Wangniam Bosai
- Assam Congress files Privilege Notice against CM Himanta
- East-West corridor: Balacherra-Harangajao deadline extended to Oct
- Mizoram: 72 per cent voter turnout in first LMC polls