Tawang is one of the most preferred destinations for tourists in the new year, but do not think it will be an easy ride.
Heavy snowfall has been reported between Baisakhi, Sela Pass and Nuranang, Union Minister Kiren Rijiju said via his Twitter handle.
Rijiju first shared an image of how the road to Tawang looked in other seasons. Then he shared the current images of roads covered in snow.
“Pictures shared by locals from Sela Pass. Indian Army, Border Roads Organization & local people are very helpful whenever people get stuck. But precaution is always better as I’ve experienced desperate situations and helplessness in heavy snow and freezing cold conditions,” the minister wrote on Twitter.
Issuing a word of caution for all those heading towards Tawang, Kiren Rijiju tweeted on December 26, “Advise to tourists visiting Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh at this point of time. It is reported heavy snow fall between Baishakhi, Sela Pass and Nuranang. Pls get proper information before you move because the road is extremely dengerous to drive and temperature goes down to -25 !”
He also shared a video where he was found saying that they were lucky that the snowfall had just begun to be able to pass through and that it is extremely dangerous to travel in that weather.
- Gene variant that protects against COVID-19 identified
- Unlikely people will live with masks on forever: Fauci on ‘new normal’
- Why T cell vaccines may be key to long-term immunity from COVID
- Wealth of India’s 10 richest can fund education of every child for 25 yrs: Study
- Bikaner-Guwahati Express derailment: Railways’ prompt action saves lives
- Daily virus cases in Russia double as omicron spreads