Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt is on his way to Arunachal Pradesh as the brand ambassador for the month-long celebration of the golden jubilee year of the state.
Dutt landed at Dibrugarh’s Mohanbari airport today and is on his way to Mechukha in the Shi-Yomi district to feature in several promotional campaigns for the event that will showcase the state as a major destination for tourists.
Next year marks the 50th anniversary of Arunachal Pradesh, which will be commemorated with a month-long festival starting January 20, 2022, in Ziro of Arunachal’s Lower Subansiri district where the state got its name and Union Territory status in 1972. Festivities showcasing the state’s arts, culture and native sports will conclude on February 20, 2022, on the occasion of Arunachal Statehood day to be held at the state’s capital in Itanagar.
- India-Bangladesh border conference in Delhi from June 11
- Arctic Ocean could be ice-free in summer by 2030s, say scientists
- Active Covid cases dip to 2,687
- Assam: Class 11 student killed after being hit by school bus in Guwahati
- Punjabi Lane residents agreed in principle to relocation: Meghalaya govt to HC
- Apple Vision Pro headset: what does it do and will it deliver?