Itanagar: In a record single-day COVID-19 recovery, 120 more people recuperated from the disease in Arunachal Pradesh, while 16 new infections pushed the tally to 54,881, a senior Health Department official said on Sunday.
A total of 54,316 people have recovered from the disease so far, including 120 on Saturday, State Surveillance Officer (SSO) Dr Lobsang Jampa said.
The COVID-19 recovery rate remained at 98.77 per cent, while the active percentage stood at 0.52, he said.
The COVID-19 death toll in the frontier state remained at 280 as no fresh fatality was reported in the last 24 hours, the SSO said.
Arunachal Pradesh currently has 285 active COVID-19 cases.
West Kameng district has the highest number of active cases at 55, followed by Dibang Valley (51), East Siang (32) and Lower Subansiri (20).
Altogether 11,61,843 samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far, including 1,496 on Saturday, Jampa said, adding, the positivity ratio in the state stands at 1.06 per cent.
According to State Immunisation Officer Dr Dimong Padung, a total of 12,34,540 people have been inoculated thus far in the state.
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel
- Vaccination drive a success because of you all: Arunachal CM to healthcare workers