Itanagar: Single-day recoveries surpassed fresh COVID-19 cases in Arunachal Pradesh, where the coronavirus tally rose to 54,865, a senior health department official said on Saturday.
Fifty more patients were discharged since Friday, while 21 new infections were registered during the period, he said.
As many as 54,196 people have recovered from the disease so far, State Surveillance Officer Lobsang Jampa said.
The death toll in the frontier state increased to 280, after a 75-year-old man succumbed to the virus on Friday.
Arunachal Pradesh now has 389 active cases.
Lower Dibang Valley district has the highest number of active infections at 65, followed by Lohit (56), West Kameng (53), Tawang (47) and East Siang (36).
A total of 11,60,347 samples have been tested for COVID-19 thus far, Jampa said, adding, the positivity rate stands at 1.11 per cent.
Meanwhile, State Immunisation Officer Dimong Padung said 12,29,446 people have been inoculated in the northeastern state.
- Congratulations pour in for Team India as they lift U-19 women’s T20 World Cup
- Rang Ghar will be promoted to place it on world tourism map: Assam CM
- Tripura 2023: Left to leave ‘few more’ seats to Congress
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong will win 10 seats in Garo Hills, says Deborah Marak
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets