Itanagar: A militant of the Khaplang faction of the National Socialist Council of Nagaland (NSCN-K) has surrendered in Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh, a senior official said on Tuesday.
The NSCN (K) cadre was identified as self-styled second lieutenant Langnye Sumpa (38) of Kheti village. Sumpa had joined the outfit in 2004.
The militant surrendered before Tirap DC, district police personnel, and Assam Rifles on Monday, Tirap deputy commissioner Taro Mize said.
The surrenderee is liable to be dealt with as per the law if he is found indulging in illegal or anti-national activities, Mize added.
Also read | AAPSU stages protest over Arunachal ‘offspring issue’
- Tezpur University organises legal awareness event on child marriage
- Get up to 8.20% returns: Benefits of investing in company FDs
- Arunachal: Candlelight vigil to pay respects to late constable Wangniam Bosai
- Assam Congress files Privilege Notice against CM Himanta
- East-West corridor: Balacherra-Harangajao deadline extended to Oct
- Mizoram: 72 per cent voter turnout in first LMC polls