Following numerous instances and complaints of travelers and vehicles from Arunachal Pradesh being harassed by local Assam police while crossing Assam has prompted the state DGP to take note.
Assam DGP Bhaskar Jyoti Mahanta has given strict instructions to Assam Police and set up a 24/7 helpline for people from Arunachal Pradesh for any help in case of harassment by policemen while travelling on Assam roads.
All the Superintendents of Police of the Northern Range will properly brief the designated people to respond to such calls without fail and inform the SP/Officers concerned for immediate action.
Here is the list of helpine numbers:
Sonitpur District: Helpline No. 6026901052
Further, 7002993711 is dedicated for WhatsApp Only (for photo/video/typed messages)
Biswanath District: Helpline (PCR) No. 6026900206
Alternate Number DSP HQr. M/No. 6026900186
Lakhimpur District : SP, Lakhimpur (CUG) Mobile No. 6026900825
- Pfizer says the COVID-19 vaccine more than 90% effective in kids
- IIT-Guwahati shares energy efficient cookstoves tech with industry partner
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS