Itanagar: Single-day recoveries outnumbered fresh COVID-19 cases in Arunachal Pradesh as 69 more people recuperated from the disease in the last 24 hours, while 65 new infections were reported, a health department official said on Wednesday.
The new cases pushed the tally in the northeastern state to 53,872.
Altogether, 53,073 people have recovered from the disease so far, state surveillance officer Dr Lobsang Jampa said.
The recovery rate among COVID-19 patients is currently at 98.52 per cent, he said.
The positivity ratio currently stands at 1.63 per cent.
The death toll in the frontier state rose to 271 as a 42-year-old COVID patient from Lower Subansiri district died on Tuesday due to acute respiratory distress syndrome with renal failure, the SSO said.
Arunachal Pradesh currently has 528 active cases.
The Capital Complex Region, comprising Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nirjuli and Banderdewa areas, has the highest number of active cases at 92, followed by Lower Subansiri (56), West Kameng (55), East Siang (49) and Taang (42).
Over 11.01 lakh samples have been tested for COVID-19 so far, including 3,983 on Tuesday, Jampa said.
According to State Immunisation Officer Dr Dimong Padung, a total of 10,51,141 people have been inoculated.
Also read: India records 27,176 fresh cases of COVID-19
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed
- Pakistan claims email threat sent to NZ cricket team from India
- Infosys to develop quantum computing capabilities on Amazon Web services
- Elon Musk says Inspiration4 astronauts had toilet trouble in space
- Guwahati: Save Bharalu Mission Group launches campaign to revive the river
- Assam: OTT firm Reeldrama files FIR against piracy of content