After remaining closed for more than a year due to the pandemic, schools in Arunachal Pradesh resumed offline classes on Monday. The circular for the reopening of schools was issued by the Directorate of Secondary Education on Friday.
The circular stated that the schools for classes 1 to 8 along with all the Residential Schools (classes 1 to 12), hostels, and coaching institutions shall be re-opened following detailed Standards of Procedures (SOPs).
“Therefore, all the teaching and non-teaching staff besides the students and parents have been requested to go through the SOP very carefully and follow it without fail.”
Earlier, the government had resumed offline classes for grades 9 to 12 from September 1, on conditions of observing strict SOPs and ensuring COVID-appropriate behaviour among all stakeholders, especially teachers, school staff, students and parents .
Meanwhile, there has been no decision on resumption of classes for primary sections.
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt
- Manipur: Tribal leader shot dead; Naga rights’ body condemns killing