Itanagar, Sep 5: The COVID-19 recovery rate in Arunachal Pradesh improved to 98.07 per cent after 114 people were discharged in a single day, a senior health department official said on Sunday.
The northeastern state now has 762 active cases, and a total of 52,276 patients have so far recovered from the disease, he said.
The Capital Complex Region – comprising Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nirjuli and Banderdewa areas – has the highest number of active cases at 143, followed by Lower Subansiri (104), West Kameng (52) and Lower Dibang Valley (50).
Also Read: Arunachal reports 295 new COVID-19 cases
Arunachal Pradesh’s coronavirus tally rose to 53,302 with 85 fresh infections, while two more fatalities pushed the death toll to 264, the official said.
Altogether, 10,71,513 samples have been tested in the frontier state, including 2,993 since Saturday.
Meanwhile, State Immunisation Officer Dimong Padung said 9,96,954 people have been administered COVID-19 vaccines thus far.
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP
- ‘Immigrant’ Row: Sikkim CM’s effigies burnt, SDF calls for shutdown
- Fee payment delay: Gauhati HC sets aside notice declaring students ‘non-collegiate’
- Tripura Polls: Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik holds campaign in Dhanpur