Itanagar: Union Minister for Law and Justice, Kiren Rijiju will undertake a three-day ‘Jan Ashirwad Yatra’ in Arunachal Pradesh from August 19.
The yatra will cover six districts from Itanagar Capital Region and culminate in Namsai on August 21.
The other districts are Papum Pare, Lower Siang, West Siang and Lohit, the office of the state BJP informed.
Rijiju, who also represents the Arunachal Pradesh West constituency in the Lok Sabha will kick-start the yatra from the state BJP headquarters here.
As part of the programme, he will meet senior citizens at their doorsteps and seek their blessings besides meeting intellectuals, leaders of students’ unions, community-based organisations, NGOs, social workers and academics irrespective of their party affiliations, seeking their suggestions and feedback.
He is also scheduled to address five public interactive sessions, the first at the Dorjee Khandu State Convention Centre here on August 19 followed by Likabali and Pasighat circuit houses on August 20, and Roing Circuit House and Lekhapani Golden Pagoda on August 21.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry