Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh’s COVID-19 tally rose to 50,605 with 233 fresh cases, while two more fatalities pushed the death toll to 248, a senior health department official said on Wednesday.
The northeastern state now has 2,536 active cases, and 47,821 patients have recovered from the disease, he said.
The Capital Complex Region recorded the highest number of new cases at 73, followed by Lower Subansiri (29), Papumpare (24), Changlang (23) and Upper Subansiri (11).
The recovery rate stands at 94.50 per cent and the positivity rate at 4.77 per cent, the official said.
Altogether, 9,86,281 samples have been tested for COVID-19 in the state so far, including 4,882 on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, State Immunisation Officer Dimong Padung said a total of 8,91,090 people have been inoculated thus far.
- Don’t worry if children contract Covid but are asymptomatic: Experts
- New AI tool can detect oxygen requirement in COVID-19 patient
- Mizoram: Foreign cigarettes worth 19.5 lakh seized in Champhai
- Arunachal: Smart monopoles to boost digitisation
- Before and after Instagram: Here’s what netizens think has changed
- Tripura CPI-M state secretary Gautam Das passes away