Itanagar: The traffic wardens (ITWs) here have called for a peaceful protest rally from Akashdeep to the tennis court at IG Park here on August 9 after the failure of the state government to meet their two-point demand.
The ITWs informed Itanagar Capital Region deputy commissioner Talo Potom about their protest rally in an intimation letter on Thursday.
The ITWs stated that the state government has repeatedly failed to act on their demands for upgrading them to a full-fledged Traffic Cell. A written assurance in this regard was given by the then chief secretary of state on January 22, 2017, they said.
The other demand is the regularisation of ITWs in the home department, as was recommended in a cabinet note on March 13, 2015, by the then home principal secretary.
The ITWs stated despite the repeated pleas, the state government has failed to address their grievances over the years compelling them to take to the streets.
The protest will be held following all the COVID-19 protocols and without subverting the law, they said.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion