The toll rose to 234 with three more persons, including two women, succumbing to the infection over the past two days, State Surveillance Officer (SSO) Dr Lobsang Jampa said.
The Capital Complex Region — comprising Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nirjuli and Banderdewa areas — registered 79 new cases, followed by Lower Subansiri at 39, Papumpare at 25, East Siang at 18, Upper Subansiri and Lower Dibang Valley at 15 each and Lower Siang and Lohit at 13 each.
Of the 305 fresh cases, 274 were detected through rapid antigen tests, 17 via RT-PCR and 14 by TrueNat, the official said, adding that 135 people were found to have developed symptoms.
Arunachal Pradesh currently has 3,508 active cases, he said.
As many as 469 patients have recuperated from the disease, taking the total number of recoveries in the state to 44,823, Jampa said.
The recovery rate stands at 92.29 per cent and the positivity rate at 6.05 per cent, the SSO said.
Altogether, 9,47,244 samples have been tested for COVID-19 in the state so far, including 5,037 on Monday, Jampa added.
Meanwhile, State Immunisation Officer Dr Dimong Padung said that as many as 8,60,976 people have been administered COVID-19 vaccine doses since the inoculation drive began in January.
- ‘Hotel Rwanda’ hero sentenced to 25 years on terror charges
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details