Three colleges from Arunachal Pradesh have been conferred with the prestigious “One District One Green Champion” award by the Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education (MGNCRE), Union Ministry of Education, under the Swachhta Action Plan 2020-21.
The colleges to win the award from the northeastern state are the Apex Professional University (APU) in East Siang district’s Pasighat, Arunodaya University in Papum Pare and St Claret College, in Lower Subansiri district’s Ziro.
The ‘One District One Green Champion’ award is given to colleges that have actively participated in keeping their campuses clean and sanitised, and making progress towards a ‘Swachh Bharat’.
East Siang Deputy Commissioner in charge, Tatdo Borang, handed over the award to APU on Friday. It was received by the university’s Vice-Chancellor Rajesh Arora, Registrar Vijay Kumar Tilak and Director Harjit Singh.
While congratulating the APU for the achievement, Boorang appreciated the university’s contributions towards ‘Swachhta‘ education and practices.
“The APU has always been successful in mobilising its resources for various pro-environment programmes such as cleanliness and plantation drives, and students were always motivated to participate in these programmes,” said the Deputy Commissioner in charge.
APU chancellor Dhanwant Singh said that the award bestowed by the Government of India is a testimony of the university’s commitment to social responsibility and sustainable development. This award is not about individual success but collective prosperity, he said.
- Milestones: Siliguri brand offering novelties for travelers & collectors
- Jitendra Chaudhary new CPI(M) Tripura unit secretary
- Tripura governor nominates two members to district council
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 20
- Charanjit Singh Channi takes oath as Punjab chief minister
- Every rupee in my foundation awaiting its turn to save a life: Sonu Sood