Itanagar: Two persons died and several others were injured in an accident when a passenger bus skidded off the road and fell 200 metres below in the Leparada district of Arunachal Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident happened around 9.30 pm on Thursday near Tirbin, they said.
The bus with 13 passengers on board was on the way from Daporijo in Upper Subansiri of Arunachal Pradesh to Silapathar in Dhemaji district of neighbouring Assam, Leparada’s Superintendent of Police PN Thongdok said.
The driver, RK Singh (57), and co-driver A Biswakarma (24) died on the spot in accident, he said.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital at Basar, he added.
The bus skidded and fell 200 metres below the road into a paddy field, the police officer said.
All the standing crops were damaged because of the accident, he said.
The cause of the accident was not known as both the driver and the co-driver died, he said.
A case was registered at the Basar police station regarding the incident.
- Police arrest 25 PFI activists in fresh crackdown in Assam
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 27 September 2022
- Why do we laugh? New study considers possible evolutionary reasons
- Vikram Rai from Darjeeling competes in Berlin Marathon barefoot
- Manipur gets NE’s 1st-ever restaurant run by deaf persons in Imphal
- Six recent discoveries that have changed how we think about human origins