Itanagar: Two persons died and several others were injured in an accident when a passenger bus skidded off the road and fell 200 metres below in the Leparada district of Arunachal Pradesh, police said on Friday.
The incident happened around 9.30 pm on Thursday near Tirbin, they said.
The bus with 13 passengers on board was on the way from Daporijo in Upper Subansiri of Arunachal Pradesh to Silapathar in Dhemaji district of neighbouring Assam, Leparada’s Superintendent of Police PN Thongdok said.
The driver, RK Singh (57), and co-driver A Biswakarma (24) died on the spot in accident, he said.
The injured were admitted to the district hospital at Basar, he added.
The bus skidded and fell 200 metres below the road into a paddy field, the police officer said.
All the standing crops were damaged because of the accident, he said.
The cause of the accident was not known as both the driver and the co-driver died, he said.
A case was registered at the Basar police station regarding the incident.
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules