Itanagar: The special investigation cell of Arunachal Pradesh Police said it has arrested four state government officials in connection with a land scam.
The arrests were made on Wednesday following a complaint by a person, who alleged that his plot of land at Chimpu-Hollongi Road here was also allotted to someone else through unfair means by the four officials, SIC (Vigilance) SP Hemant Tiwari said.
“During enquiry, it was found that the Land Possession Certificate issued to them was for the same plot. One was issued the LPC in 2016 and the other in 2019,” Tiwari said.
A detailed investigation is underway, the SP added.
- Constitution guiding light in sustaining democracy: Assam Governor
- Heavy security deployment, prohibitory orders continue at clash site along Assam-Meghalaya border
- Egypt’s president likely to be chief guest for Republic Day celebrations
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever reclaims myth of an African utopia
- Voices still missing from online activism
- Sharp butt pains & more: 5 lesser-known menstrual cycle symptoms