Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has sought an early report from all his ministerial colleagues over the series of grievances being flashed out in the local and social media by the state’s citizens.
Expressing resentment over the fact matter, Pema Khandu, in a missive to all the cabinet ministers and chief secretary of the state on Thursday said that “even the basic and routine functions like departmental promotion committee meetings and normal committed expenditures like timely release of salaries of contractual employees, especially under the Central sector schemes, scholarship and stipends, funds for mandatory essential functions like waste management, etc. were not being carried out properly.”
“It is beyond my comprehension why such routine matters are NOT being dealt with and resolved timely. Why can’t we devise a system of time-bound approvals for such matters? Why can’t we fix responsibility for red tape, inaction and such utter lack of devotion towards routine functions of govt business transactions?” Khandu said in his letter to the ministers.
The chief minister has further urged the ministers to personally look into the matter of all such cases across departments and devise a mechanism for timely resolution and also fixing responsibility.
“We must end this tendency of ‘Reactive Administration’. I shall be expecting an early report on this,” the chief minister said in his correspondence.
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Ravi Dahiya ensures fourth medal for India with sensational ‘pin down’
- Mizoram Lottery August 4: Check Prospect Day lottery result
- Long-lasting Covid symptoms rare in children: Lancet study
- Mizoram, Assam talks aim to de-escalate border dispute
- Manipur Lottery August 4: Check Singam Sedum Day lottery result