The police here have suspended one Nani Talley, a head constable of the 4th IRBn for filming and harassing YouTuber Paras Singh in a lockup.
A video of Talley filming Paras and irking him by asking unnecessary questions had gone viral on social media on Friday.
Sources in the police said that the video was possibly taken in the court’s lockup at Yupia, where Paras was taken for a hearing.
Techi Hanyir, the commandant of 4th IRBn, in a suspension order issued on Saturday, said that head constable Talley would be placed under suspension with immediate effect and he shall be attached to battalion headquarters in Jully until his suspension.
According to the suspension order, Talley has been directed not to leave the battalion headquarters without prior permission but is entitled to draw subsistence allowance as per relevant sections of the Fundamental Rules.
The Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC) court had on Friday extended the judicial custody of Paras for 7 more days.
Paras is presently lodged at the district jail in Jully near here.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art