Itanagar: The Itanagar unit of Vivekananda Kendra Ignited Youth Forum (VKIYF) on Tuesday distributed essential stationery to around 149 students of the Government College Doimukh here.
The door-to-door distribution drive, which was conducted with the motto ‘Service to Man is Service to God’, was an initiative of the VKIYF to help the students in Arunachal Pradesh prepare for their examination in their homes during the COVID-19 pandemic, forum coordinator Tassar Pana said.
Pana said that the drive was initiated as several students were facing difficulties to manage their stationery requirement for their semester examination which is scheduled to commence from June 3.
The Itanagar Capital Region is currently under lockdown making it difficult for the students to procure the stationery.
The stationery kits consisted of A4-size paper, pens with refills, pencils, sharpeners and erasers, envelopes for packing answer sheets and hand sanitizers.
The money to procure the stationery was contributed by the members of Vivekananda Kendra family and other well-wishers, Pana said.
- 16-yr-old Dalit girl abducted, raped in Uttar Pradesh
- Sikkim clears mandatory COVID-19 checking at border points
- Centre to set up steel stockyard in Tripura SEZ: Minister
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Assam cabinet approves Rs 209 cr to streamline revenue administration
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25