Likabali: The Lower Siang police in Arunachal Pradesh on Thursday arrested a man for allegedly pretending to be a cop and harassing the locals.
Police said the man was harassing the public and issuing challans to travellers for not wearing face masks on his will.
The accused has been identified as Pel Lego. He is a native of Dambuk in Lower Dibang Valley district.
Likabali police station officer-in-charge inspector Tumke Angu said a team of Likabali police led by sub-inspector O. Riba arrested the man and also recovered a gearless scooter from his possession.
Lego had borrowed the scooter from its owner on the pretext of going to a religious place.
Police said the accused is also wanted in a case of breach of trust (Section 406) and cheating and dishonesty (Section 420) registered at the Tezu police station in Lohit district.
The police have, meanwhile, appealed the public to be more vigilant and report such cases to the nearest police station.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry