Bollywood actor Varun Dhawan has strongly criticised YouTuber Paras Singh, who has been arrested for using a racial slur against Arunachal Pradesh MLA Ninong Ering in one of his videos and called him ‘non-Indian’, and ‘Chinese’. Varun Dhawan was recently in Arunachal, shooting for director Amar Kaushik‘s movie Bhediya.
The actor shared Amar’s originally shared post and wrote on his Instagram Story, “Having spent so much time in Arunachal Pradesh, it is time we educate ourselves and others about how wrong this is.”
Recently, Amar Kaushik had shared a news report about the incident and wrote, “Being ignorant about your country and its region is stupidity in itself, but when that ignorance is expressed in an offensive manner, it becomes toxic. We all need to call out and condemn such ignorance in one voice and make all idiots understand that IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE ANYMORE.”
YouTuber Paras Singh, who goes by the name ‘Paras Official’ on his YouTube channel, termed MLA Ering as a “non-Indian” and said that Arunachal Pradesh is “a part of China” in a video on his channel that was posted on Sunday.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu also reacted to the incident and said that a case was registered against Mr Paras under s 124A/ 153A/ 505(2) IPC.
Varun Dhawan has built a connection with Arunachal Pradesh during his stay for the shoot of ‘Bhediya’, the Amar Kaushik directorial venture. The movie will see Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon in the lead roles, uniting six years after starring in ‘Dilwale’ together.
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP