Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 25,002 on Wednesday as 429 more people tested positive for the infection, while two fresh fatalities pushed the northeastern state’s coronavirus death toll to 104, a senior health official said.
The deaths were reported in the Capital Complex region and Upper Subansiri district, State Surveillance Officer (SSO) Dr Lobsang Jampa said.
The Capital Complex region registered the highest number of new cases at 103, followed by Tawang (49) and Lower Subansiri (42).
As many as 230 more people were cured of the disease, taking the total number of recoveries to 21,575. The recovery rate among the patients stands at 86.29 per cent.
Arunachal Pradesh now has 3,323 active cases.
The Capital Complex region, comprising Itanagar, Naharlagun, Nirjuli and Banderdewa areas, has the highest number of active cases at 626, followed by Changlang (381) and Tawang (348).
The state has so far tested over 5.46 lakh samples for COVID-19, including 6,714 on Tuesday. The positivity rate stands at 6.38 per cent.
State Immunisation Officer Dr Dimong Padung said that over 3.36 lakh people have been vaccinated to date.
In view of the spurt in coronavirus cases, the state government has imposed a total lockdown in nine districts till May 31.
- Making NE a strong economic zone important: Meghalaya CM
- Meghalaya home minister allays fears regarding HNLC diktat
- Delhi residents can now check real-time availability of burial, cremation sites
- More rain in store for Bengal; deluge likely in Darjeeling, Kalimpong
- Budding athletes from NE to get unique Diet scholarship
- Assam Cabinet approves measures to improve power connectivity