A trial flight with an ATR 72 aircraft landed safely at Pasighat airport in East Siang district on Sunday, a FlyBig release said here.
The direct flight service will link Pasighat, Guwahati and Kolkata.
In the next stage, Pasighat will be directly connected with Shillong in Meghalaya, while Tezu in Arunachal Pradesh will be linked with Guwahati making it convenient for travellers, the release said.
The civil aviation ministry said on Sunday that direct flights under the UDAN scheme will significantly boost the economic opportunities in the region.
FlyBig will be operating flights between Guwahati and Pasighat four days a week which will reduce the travelling time between these two destinations and also provide swifter travelling options to other places such as Rupsi in Assam and Kolkata in West Bengal, it said.
Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu said it was a significant milestone in building air connectivity.
FlyBig had forayed into the Northeast region with its first flight from Guwahati to Rupsi in Dhubri district of Assam in the second week of May.
Alliance Air is operating flights three days a week in the Pasighat-Guwahati-Kolkata route since May 2018.
- Tripura 2023: Protests rock BJP as workers quit over denied tickets
- Acts of terrorism under control in Assam: DGP-designate
- Tripura 2023: TIPRA Motha to contest 42 seats; Pradyot opts out
- PM Modi pays tributes to Mahatma Gandhi on death anniversary
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 30 January, 2023
- Tripura CPI(M) terms Mabashar Ali a “traitor” for joining BJP ahead of polls