Itanagar: Three COVID-19 funerals were carried out by the Itanagar Capital Region (ICR) administration at the cremation-cum-burial ground at Chimpu as the state’s overall death toll crossed 100 as of Tuesday.
The ones cremated on Tuesday were aged 52, 98 and 60 and succumbed to COVID-19 complications on Monday.
One of the deceased was an Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) official. His funeral was carried out with full honours by the armed forces while maintaining all SOPs.
The burial of the other two victims was also done as per the wishes of the family members.
ICR extra assistant commissioner (EAC) Datum Gadi who along with his team has been carrying out the cremation for almost a month informed that all necessary formalities were carried out by the district administration before the cremation.
Arunachal Pradesh registered its highest single-day spike of 480 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday while the death toll rose to 102 after four more persons succumbed to the virus.
The state at present has 3,127 active cases.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence