Itanagar: Security forces of Assam Rifles and Spear Corps in a joint operation with Arunachal Pradesh police apprehended an active cadre of the Yung Aung faction of NSCN-K (NSCN-KYA) on Tuesday from Longding district.
“Based on a specific input, security forces launched the joint operation with state police and apprehended the cadre at Pumao in Longding District,” said a release.
The cadre has a previous court proclamation against his name. He has been handed over to Longding Police Station for further action.
The arrest of the militant comes days after four NSCN-KYA rebels tried to kidnap an individual from Longkhaw village in Longding district. However, the proactiveness of the villagers foiled their attempt.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31