Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh registered 257 fresh COVID-19 cases, raising the tally to 21,110, while the death toll climbed to 72 with three more fatalities, a senior health department official said on Friday.
The Capital Complex region recorded the maximum number of fresh cases at 66, followed by Changlang (38), Lohit (27), Tawang (23), Lower Subansiri (19), Lower Dibang Valley (16) Namsai (11) and West Siang (10), he said.
The northeastern state now has 2,164 active cases, while 18,871 people have recovered from the disease, including at least 180 since Thursday.
Also read: Arunachal to start COVID-19 vaccination drive for 18-44 age group from May 17
Altogether, 4,95,141 samples have been tested for COVID-19, State Surveillance Officer Lobsang Jampa said.
Meanwhile, State Immunisation Officer Dimong Padung said 2,98,924 people have been inoculated since the start of the vaccination programme in January.
- Underactive immune response may explain severe Covid in obese: Study
- Are flu cases already 100 times higher than last year? Here’s what we really know about the 2023 flu season
- Antibiotics shouldn’t be used in Covid unless suspicion of bacterial infection: Centre
- How financial stress can affect your mental health
- Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO
- Long COVID: what we know about how it affects mental health