Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh registered 257 fresh COVID-19 cases, raising the tally to 21,110, while the death toll climbed to 72 with three more fatalities, a senior health department official said on Friday.
The Capital Complex region recorded the maximum number of fresh cases at 66, followed by Changlang (38), Lohit (27), Tawang (23), Lower Subansiri (19), Lower Dibang Valley (16) Namsai (11) and West Siang (10), he said.
The northeastern state now has 2,164 active cases, while 18,871 people have recovered from the disease, including at least 180 since Thursday.
Altogether, 4,95,141 samples have been tested for COVID-19, State Surveillance Officer Lobsang Jampa said.
Meanwhile, State Immunisation Officer Dimong Padung said 2,98,924 people have been inoculated since the start of the vaccination programme in January.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31