Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh reported 222 fresh COVID-19 cases, pushing the tally to 19,634, a health department official said on Friday.
The Capital Complex Region recorded the maximum number of new infections at 62, followed by Lower Dibang Valley (26) and Namsai (19), he said.
The state now has 1,858 active cases, while 17,717 people have recovered from the disease, including 140 patients since Thursday.
A total of 59 people have died due to the contagion, State Surveillance Officer Lobsang Jampa said. Altogether, 4,74,314 samples have been tested for COVID-19, the official said.
In a bid to contain the spread of the disease, the Capital Complex administration has imposed night curfew from 9 pm to 5 am from May 1.
State Immunisation Officer Dimong Padung said 2,75,639 people have been vaccinated in Arunachal Pradesh since January.
The state government has deferred the rollout of the inoculation drive for those in the age group of 18 to 44 years owing to some “technical” issues, Jampa said.
- World will call their scenic destinations ‘Sikkim of the West’: DoNER min
- Shah on two-day visit to Arunachal from Saturday
- Manipur makes biometric attendance in govt offices mandatory from June 1
- AL Hek inspects Shillong bus terminus after viral images of leaking roof
- All you need to know about Monekypox virus: Symptoms, spread and fatality
- Meghalaya hawkers celebrate after law targeting them is repealed