One person died while nine others were injured after the vehicle they were travelling in, toppled at the 11-mile road under Miao police station in Arunachal Pradesh‘s Changlang district on Thursday.
The deceased has been identified as Indrajeet Chakma.
Talking to EastMojo, the officer-in-charge of Miao police station Jano Aran said that the incident took place at a time when a group of workers were returning from the 27-mile road to the Chakma settlement area in Miao town. “The workers were engaged in the construction of Miao-Vijaynagar (MV) Road,” he said.
The injured, including the driver, were taken to the community health centre at Miao where they are being treated. “One Indrajeet Chakma has succumbed to his injuries,” added Aran.
Aran said that preliminary investigation points to rash and negligent driving. “We have registered a case under relevant sections of IPC and are further investigating the case,” he said.
“I thank the army and local people in the rescue operations to save precious lives,” said Aran.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31