Itanagar: Soldiers of Indian Army’s Spear Corps of Dao Division helped douse a forest fire threatening close to the village of Bada Kandun in Anjaw district.
According to a statement, troops were alerted about the forest fire at 3.30 pm on April 7. On reaching the spot they saw that the raging fire was extremely close to the village of Bada Kandun and if left unchecked, it threatened to burn down the entire village.
The troops battled the fire for over 12 hours and successfully extinguished the fire by 4.30 am on April 8.
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties
- Nagaland 2023: Ceasefire board bans NSCN groups from carrying arms
- Death toll rises to 90 in Pakistan mosque suicide bombing
- Leprosy prevalence rate down to 0.45 per 10k population in 2021-22: Minister