Tinsukia: A suspected cadre of the National Socialist Council of Nagalim (Reformation) cadre was killed in a fierce encounter in Changlang district in Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
Confirming the development, Superintendent of Police, Changlang, Mihin Gambo, said a suspected NSCN-R cadre was killed by 9 Assam Rifles at the General area of Motong under Yatdam circle in Changlang.
“The slain body along with one AK-47 assault rifle and live ammunition was recovered from the encounter site,” Gambo added.
According to a source, based on an input of movement of five cadres, a team of Assam Rifle personnel was launched. “As the security forces were closing in, the militants opened fire during which one militant was killed while the rest managed to escape.”
The slain militant is a local cadre of the banned outfit. The cadre has been identified as Kappan Ngemu of Thamyang village, Yatdam circle. “Security forces have recovered over 40 live ammunitions, one AK-47 rifle besides personal belongings,” the source added.
Sources added that further operations are on to track the fleeing militants.
- Arunachal logs 64 fresh COVID-19 cases, one fatality
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 22
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 22
- Manipur: PREPAK (Pro) cadre arrested with huge cache of IED materials
- Ruling party gets 324 of 450 seats in Russian parliament
- Key cheating element of ‘inducement’ missing from Raj Kundra case: Court