Itanagar: Chief Minister Pema Khandu took to Twitter on Monday to show government employees in the state dressed in traditional attire on March 15 during a one-day trip to Namsai.
This comes as a part of the Arunachal government’s order making it mandatory for all state government and central government employees (except police personnel) to wear traditional attire to work once a month, that is, on the 15th of every month.
The move is an attempt to boost the local tribal products and support local artisans and entrepreneurs under the “Vocal for Local” scheme under Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- No decision on nationwide NRC yet: Govt in Lok Sabha
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for November 30
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 30
- Nagaland health dept to public: Follow Covid SOP at Hornbill
- Prime accused among 13 arrested for lynching AASU leader in Assam
- Bengal reports 511 new COVID-19 cases, 11 more deaths