Itanagar: Chief Minister Pema Khandu took to Twitter on Monday to show government employees in the state dressed in traditional attire on March 15 during a one-day trip to Namsai.
This comes as a part of the Arunachal government’s order making it mandatory for all state government and central government employees (except police personnel) to wear traditional attire to work once a month, that is, on the 15th of every month.
The move is an attempt to boost the local tribal products and support local artisans and entrepreneurs under the “Vocal for Local” scheme under Atmanirbhar Bharat.
- Former Congress MLA KT Rokhaw resigns, joins MNF ahead of elections
- Manipuri-English film promoting gender-neutral fashion to be screened in Mumbai
- Manipur: Delhi court prolongs NIA custody of accused for eight days
- Meghalaya: 2 boys from Garo Hills set to join Hyderabad FC Under-17 team
- ZPM leader Lalduhoma attributes Mizoram’s alarming AIDS rate to MNF’s governance
- Best Universities in the USA for Indian Students