Pasighat: Continuing its effort to check wanton killing of wildlife in the East Siang district, a team of frontline staffs from the Forest Range Office, Pasighat headed by Range Officer O Jamoh on Saturday seized carcasses of hog deer from the daily market here.
“Intensive checking is under progress under the Pasighat Forest Division considering the ensuing Unying/Araan festival to check reckless killing of wild animals and birds,” Pasighat divisional forest officer (Territorial) Tashi Mize said.
Also Read | Arunachal: Animal carcass and meat confiscated from Doimukh check gate
Mize said several locals have already surrendered their air guns to his office and efforts have also been initiated for the surrendering of air guns in the district with cooperation from the East Siang Unit of Adi Bane Kebang.
The carcasses were burnt after conducting official formalities and the case is under investigation, the DFO said.
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days
Leave a comment