Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Tuesday said the government will take appropriate action against officials involved in the alleged illegal appointment in the Education department.
Responding to a question by senior Congress member Ninong Ering on the appointment of teachers and other posts in the department without conducting any interview, Khandu asserted that all such appointment would be cancelled if proved.
He said the Arunachal Pradesh Staff Selection Board (APSSB), was created to check corrupt practices in the recruitment process.
Also Read: Arunachal: Now there is a helpline to help you get vaccinated
Raising the question Ering asked the government as to why the APSSB was not informed about such appointments and want to know the total number of teachers and multi-tasking staff (MTS) appointed without interview by the department.
Denying such appointments, Education Minister Taba Tedir informed that on complaint from Ering, a departmental enquiry has been initiated. The report of the same will be available soon.
“After establishment of the APSSB, no appointments have been made by the department,” the minister added.
- Nagaland observes World Tuberculosis Day
- TB to be eliminated by 2025: Manipur health minister Sapam Ranjan Singh
- India’s largest hydropower project to commence soon: Arunachal Dy CM
- Manipur: One PLA insurgent arrested in Bishnupur
- Does it matter what time I go to bed?
- Charred bodies of 3 Mizoram residents found inside Myanmar territory
Leave a comment