A former principal of a private school at Dumporijo in Upper Subansiri district of Arunachal Pradesh has reportedly fled with two of the school buses and approximately Rs 1.5 crore in school cash.
The owner of the Sun View School in Digbak, Kali Paja, has lodged a complaint against the former principal, identified as Asiq Mullassary, at the Dumporijo police station.
An Arunachal Times report said that the former principal was missing along with two school buses and cash. The report added that one of the buses was recovered later from neighbouring Lakhimpur in Assam.
Paja has told investigators that Mullassary and a former woman staffer of the school management committee fled with “huge cash amount of the school with two school buses.”
Sources said Mullassary in about 35 years old and originally hails from Kerala. His accomplice has been identified as Miss Allomi, a Naga from Manipur. Both went missing with about Rs 1.5 crore of cash and two Marco Polo buses of the school, the source said.
Sources said a team of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh police was able to recover one of the two missing buses from Lakhimpur in Assam. A case has been registered at the Dumporijo police station and efforts are on to nab the absconding duo.
- India hands over newly-constructed school building to Nepal
- Assam reports 468 new COVID-19 cases, four more deaths
- Mizoram: 1,121 test COVID-19 positive, infection rate at 14.35%
- COVID-19 may infect a higher proportion of pregnant women: ICMR study
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?