Itanagar: In a shocking turn of events, the Extra Assistant Commissioner’s (EAC) office at Vijaynagar in Changlang district of Arunachal Pradesh has been allegedly set on fire by some youths of the area on Friday.
Confirming the incident, Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC), Changlang, T Rumi said: “The EAC office was set on fire on Friday morning by some members the Yobin Students Union.”
The ADC said more details on the incident is being awaited.
Vijaynagar (also Vijay Nagar and Vijoynagar) is the remotest circle of Changlang district in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh of India. It takes near about a week to reach Vijaynagar by foot from Miao, the circle headquarters.
This is a developing story…
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA