Itanagar: Members of the Tawang Riders Club (TRC), led by its president Dr Sangey Thinley, recently met chief minister Pema Khandu at his residence in Tawang and apprised the latter of a mega cycling event scheduled to be held in Tawang next month.
The TRC members during the call on, briefed the CM on how the cycling event will go a long way in promoting cycling in the state, especially among the youths of the state.
Appreciating the efforts of the TRC in promoting cycling and its health-related benefits, Khandu assured his full support to the club in all its future endeavours.
The chief minister also unveiled the new jersey of the club on the occasion. TRC members also met Lumla legislator Jambey Tashi and apprised him of the cycling event.
Extending his support to the TRC team, Tashi who is also the president of the Tawang Olympic Association and the chief patron of the club said “Indulging the younger generation in activities such as cycling would help them stay away from anti-social activities.”
The MLA also suggested identifying cycling trails in Zemithang Valley which he said would also help promote tourism in the district. Several other matters related to the development of cycling infrastructure in Tawang were also discussed during the meeting.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands