A major joint operation by the sleuths of the Excise Intelligence Bureau and jawans of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) Rangiya Division has resulted in the busting of two illegal liquor godowns near Indo-Bhutan border village in Nagrijuli-Tamulpur area, Friday night. The area falls under Baksa District.
The officials were able to seize a huge consignment of Arunachal made Indian Made Foreign Liquors during the operation. This includes almost 200 plus cartons of the illegally liquor- IMFL.
The officials suspect that these illegally made liquors were made in preparation of sale and distribution during the Durga Puja season in the lower Assam districts.
Following the operation, Assam Excise Minister Parimal Suklabaidya hailed the officials of the EIB and jawans of SSB Rangiya Division for their successful operation.
This is just a month after 165 cases of IMFL was destroyed by Assam Rifles and Nagaland police in Tuli on September 10. Few weeks later yet another illegal bottling plant was busted by Assam Rifles and the Nagaland police in 5th Mile, Dimapur. There 65 cases of rum and 9,000 empty bottles of rum amounting to a total of Rs 3.35 lakh approximately was recovered.
- Indonesia Open: Sindhu loses in semifinals
- #BlackHoleFriday: What are these extreme objects feasting on?
- India logs 8,318 new coronavirus infections
- Nagaland gears up for Hornbill festival from Dec 1
- Sikkim: 50 MBBS seats reserved for Sikkimese students at SMIMS
- A conspiracy: Kharge on 12 Meghalaya Cong MLAs joining TMC