Arunachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly speaker Pasang D Sona on Sunday inaugurated the renovated sub-divisional library in Mechuka for the public and students, in presence of Shi-Yomi deputy commissioner Mito Dirchi, SP G Dajangju, and other officials.
The library, which was lying defunct for a long time, recently got a facelift.
New volumes of books were also procured and added to the library’s book stock, officials said.
Speaking on the occasion, Sona said the library should not only cater to the needs of the book readers of the district, but a library class for each standard should also be incorporated into the routine of the schools nearby.
The speaker further informed that the library, in the due course of time, would be benefited by donations from the Raja Ram Mohan Roy Book Trust and contributions from NGOs like Bamboosa and others, which are active in the field.
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for October 25
- HC fixes for final hearing pleas to approve same-sex marriages under law
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for October 25
- Film bodies condemn attack on Prakash Jha and his ‘Aashram’ crew
- Cruise drugs case: Actor Ananya Panday fails to appear before NCB
- PM Modi launches Ayushman Bharat Health Infrastructure Mission