Indian Army takes over abducted Arunachal youths from China
Indian Army takes over abducted Arunachal youths from China|EastMojo image
ARUNACHAL PRADESH

BREAKING: Abducted Arunachal youths return home safely

Indian Army took over all five individuals after completing all formalities at Kibitu

Team EastMojo

Team EastMojo

Guwahati: In its effort to work tirelessly for the well-being of the people of Northeast, the Indian Army took over all five individuals, who were abducted by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China recently, after completing all the formalities at Kibitu on Saturday.

Lt Col Harsh Wardhan Pande, PRO Defence, Tezpur in a press release has said that the individuals will now be quarantined for 14 days as per COVID-19 protocol and will thereafter be handed over to their family members.

“Five individuals from Upper Subansiri District had inadvertently strayed across LAC recently. Indian Army approached PLA on hotline to trace and return them. On September 8, response on the hotline confirmed that the missing individuals had been traced,” the release added.

Earlier on Friday, union minister Kiren Rijiju also said on Friday through a tweet said that that the Chinese People’s Liberation Army is likely to hand over five youths missing from Arunachal Pradesh to the Indian authorities on Saturday.

For more such stories, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Activate Website Notifications to stay updated.

EastMojo
www.eastmojo.com