Itanagar: In a joint operation, a team comprising of Indian Army, Assam Rifles and Arunachal Police personnel neutralised six active cadres of NSCN(IM) near Nginu in Longding district of Arunachal Pradesh at around 4 am on Saturday, said a communiqué from defence PRO, Sumit K Sharma.
“Based on a specific inputs regarding presence of armed cadres of NSCN(IM), the troops swiftly launched a well planned and coordinated operation in the area,” said the release.
“On seeing the search by the troops, the insurgents openly fired to flee from the spot. However, the troops retaliated effectively and in the ensuing fire fight six cadres were neutralised,” the letter read.
“During the gun fight, one soldier of Assam Rifles has been injured. After possession, the troops recovered six rifles, ammunition, IEDs and other warlike stores,” the letter read.
Also Read: NSCN-IM questions if PM Modi assigned ‘wrong person’ to solve Indo-Naga political issue
The communiqué also said that the operation is in progress, identification of neutralised cadres and their allegiance to NSCN (IM) faction operating in Myanmar is being ascertained while the injured soldier has been evacuated and is in stable condition.
- Active Covid cases dip to 2,687
- Assam: Class 11 student killed after being hit by school bus in Guwahati
- Punjabi Lane residents agreed in principle to relocation: Meghalaya govt to HC
- Apple Vision Pro headset: what does it do and will it deliver?
- Cyclone Biparjoy rapidly intensifies into very severe cyclonic storm
- Construction of Eklavya Model Residential Schools to start soon: Meghalaya Education Min