Itanagar: Due to incessant rainfall, a landslide killed four persons at Modi Rijo village in 6 Kilo area of Itanagar in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday.
The incident happened on Friday afternoon in which one person also got injured, informed Capital Complex SP Tumme Amo.
“The police and SDRF team have retrieved 3 dead bodies (till filling of the report) and efforts are being made to retrieve one more body,” said the SP.
Earlier on Friday, four of a family were buried alive in a landslide, triggered by incessant rains, in Tigdo village near Itanagar under Papumpare district of Arunachal Pradesh on Friday. Official sources say that the incident occurred around 2 am.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands