Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has been declared as the ‘Best Emerging Destination’ at the Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2019, the ceremony of which was held in Mumbai on Tuesday.
This was announced through a tweet from the Arunachal Tourism’s official Twitter handle on Wednesday. “Arunachal Pradesh declared winner of ‘Best Emerging Indian Destination’ at the Lonely Planet Travel Awards 2019,” it said.
The popular Lonely Planet magazine had an online poll for travellers through which Arunachal Pradesh was voted the best Indian emerging destination for 2019 by the magazine’s readers in India.
The award was received by Kezleen Kholie on behalf of the state’s tourism department. Kholie is an image consultant and corporate trainer and is also the proprietor of ‘Brand Your Image’, a consultant firm.
Founded by married couple Maureen and Tony Wheeler, Lonely Planet is a travel guide expert renowned for its first-hand approach, up-to-date maps and commitment to providing the best information for travellers.
In 2013, Arunachal Pradesh was put on the global tourism radar after Lonely Planet India Travel Awards adjudged it as one of the winners.
- MNF names K. Laldawnglian as party contender for Tuirial bypoll
- Nagaland teams up with NGO to tackle child malnutrition, mortality
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’